Monday, March 3, 2014

George I don't know who you are but thank you.

Just when I was sinking into the pit of despair, my editor sent me this Herald Sun review by a boy (or possibly a girl). George, I don't know who you are, or where you've come from, but you've done me a power of good.


TIGERS ON THE BEACH
DOUG MACLEOD
PENGUIN, RRP $18
This book is so excellent I read it in one 
sitting. Adam has just found the girl of his 
dreams. Plus, his grandfather has just died 
and his grandmother has moved in. 
Grandma is difficult and she’s upsetting 
everyone in Adam’s family. Adam has to 
keep his family from falling apart, stop his 
brother from doing dangerous things and 
keep the girl he loves. This is a great book 
and I think everyone will love it.
George Murrihy, 12
Verdict  Brilliant.



2 comments:

kate.o.d said...

And don't they say that children (and fools) tell the truth...

Don't let the reviews get you down. You wrote a motherfudging book. You win.

Dan Verkys said...

Short sweet and too the point :)